Date(s) - 05/20/2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
It’s time to bring REAL LOVE to your campus or school district! You won’t regret it. This workshop is geared towards all educators but especially educators who serve students in urban schools and communities. At the conclusion of this power-packed customizable six hour workshop, educators will be able to:
– implement effective strategies of building solid relationships with students rooted in respect for their culture and communities.
– incorporate theories of Culturally Responsive Teaching and Reality Pedagogy into their learning environments to engage a diverse students population.
– explain how the promotion of authenticity in their classrooms can improve student-teacher relationships as well as peer-to-peer relationships.
– create a learning environment that meets the social, emotional, and cultural needs of all students.
– implement effective strategies for promoting and encouraging loyalty in the classroom while maintain course standards.
– design student-centered project-based lessons using the project-solution model.
– explain the 4C’s and forgotten skills of 21st century learning and why these skills are pertinent to students’ post-secondary success and;
– create a learning environment that ensures that all students are exposed to College, Career, and Military Readiness Skills throughout their academic careers.
For each objective, educators will be exposed to hands-on and engaging strategies that can used with their students. They will not be disappointed after all the fun and relevant learning that will take place in this workshop (heads up…it’s not a sit and get)!
Registration is closed for this event.